Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I wasn't lying about the locusts!

It turns out there is some sort of freakish locust invasion going and that I really was telling the truth about seeing the swarms of them and one smashing up against the windshield.

Here is an article

You can click "next" on the image to the left in the article to see a few more pics.

Now, as for that Demanding Blog Poster, perhaps she better step up because I am kickin her bootay at this regular blogging thing.

I'll check ya later folks.

Night Night!

4 Comments:

  • At 11:42 PM, September 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And I thought the rabid cricket that attacked me last week on my patio was just a fluke! Gotta watch out for these creatures, they are SCARY!!!

     
  • At 11:59 PM, September 26, 2006, Blogger JJ said…

    I strongly dislike this article for a couple of reasons: 1) it seems "they" will write about ANYTHING to scare tourists away from Cancun by stating that "Clouds of locusts have descended around the Mexican beach resort of Cancun" as if one can barely leave the hotel. And " "It is a war, effectively," said German Parra" - nice sound bite. 2) The writer touches on the destruction from Wilma in one paragraph, using words like "ravaged" and "devastating" as if Cancun had not yet recovered in the slightest; then in another he attributes the locust swarms as a result of "an absence of mobility-limiting hurricanes" - like that's a BAD THING!

    Tourists do not generally know the geography of the Yucatan, and all something like this does is scare people away. I expect tomorrow we'll see New Orleans billed as the vacation capital of this season.

    Locust infestestation is cyclical. This is not a plague. I fucking hate the media.

    You can be God-damned sure I will be blogging about this, but tomorrow, because I am tired now and I want to sleep.

     
  • At 5:43 PM, September 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This one time when I was in band camp, I saw a gynormous rabid grasshopper thingy...

     
  • At 6:19 PM, September 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sweetie,

    please don't let your little dog outside, the locust will eat him!

    LOL!
    janie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home