Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Vacation Day to Isla Mujeres - Part 1

Whether you like it or not, day to day living in Cancun can be quite trying. I'm sure you've heard me bitch about it once or twice so it's nice to play tourist for a day and get out of Cancun.

Leta and I decided to head out to Isla Mujeres last Sunday. I had had a horrible Friday night, and unfortunately after a nice day at a local beach, the return to my car wasn't so great either. Lets just say flat tires more than once and two of them in less than 24 hours wasn't what I was looking forward to. So I figured I needed to get away from it all and headed to Isla last Sunday.

We decided to take the Ultramar from Gran Puerto and were excited to get on our way. It was an absolutely beautiful hot sunny day out and while we waited to board we snapped some pictures and giggled like geeks.

We decided we would sit up top of the ferry to feel the wind in our hair and enjoyed the view even before we took off.

Here are some shots of the beginning of our little trip and the ferry ride over:









Part 2 to come.......




Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • At 10:23 PM, December 02, 2007, Blogger JJ said…

    I swear if I had the nads to go out and snap pictures of the CRAP weather we are having in comparison to the weather in your pictures you would really really feel sorry for me. Sigh.

     
  • At 4:55 AM, December 03, 2007, Blogger Fned said…

    I don't know where you are JJ but it seems to me like you must be in Paris too!!! The weather here is so depressing I speant my sunday in my PJ's playing Mario World on our Nintendo and feeding myself on chips and beer. How sad is that?

    In any case, Mexico Way YOUR sunday sounded fantast-delicious and thanks for the pics! Sure helps being reminded that there is sun and a blue sky out there... somewhere... far away .....

    Fned.

     
  • At 9:26 AM, December 03, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Yes but remember there is always good and bad in anything. I haven't gotten to the bad part yet! LOL. I know how depressing the weather can be...hello...in Vancouver you don't tan, you rust! But, there are also great things like buying and eating ketchup chips WHENEVER you want and not having to deal with shitty services. Did I make you feel better?

     
  • At 11:34 AM, December 03, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    Oh the teaser post, we want the full report, we want the full report! Great pics BTW!

    Now DISH girl, what's the drama??

     
  • At 1:26 PM, December 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey "Way",

    So I woke up last night and couldn't get back to sleep worried about how long it would take to make friends in Mexico! It took me 3-4 years to make GOOD friends in NYC, but I think it's one of the hardest places to meet people. Did you find it easy to make friends there, or did you already know lots of people before you came?

    Mexpat

     
  • At 3:57 PM, December 03, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    You can call me Liz if ya like. LOL. "Way" just sounds funny.

    When I moved here for only 3 months I half knew 1 person. He helped me a lot and introduced me to other people. But it was very very difficult and very very lonely for me.

    After I went back home, I had several more vacations here before I moved for the long haul and had time to network and meet people. So I did have friends when I moved here and that grew over time.

    I will say tho, that you will make friends with all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds that you probably wouldn't necessarily ever come into contact with back home. So you really gain friends from all sorts of perspectives. Unfortunately, some of them are wackadoos so you do have to keep your guard up.

    You're networking now and making friends before you move which is great. So of course you have friends....even if we've never met.

    :)

     
  • At 4:07 PM, December 03, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, Liz, (btw you can call me Allie),

    I already have about 3 friends on Cozumel, but we're looking to live in Playa. Last night I came to the conclusion that I'll just have to be outgoing and up for anything... Still, it's a little scary leaving all my friends here.

    Are most of your friends english-speaking expats or do you also have some Spanish speaking friends?

     
  • At 4:30 PM, December 03, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Both but mostly English speaking.

    Friend's are the last of your worries when living here. Believe me! It will be fine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home