Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Crocodile Hunter

I'm watching 20/20 with Barbara Walters and it's about Steve Irwin, his death, his wife, his family and really...his entire life.

I keep busting out into tears because it's just so sad. I feel so bad for his wife Terri and his kids. Although, somehow, I think his kids are doing better than his wife Terri.

Some people think that Steve is (damn, I said is. Is that ok or should it be "was"?) a bit of a freak and abnormal. I can't tell you how wrong they are considering all the freaks and abnormal irrationally crazy people out there. (Hell, I know some of those screwed up people.)The guy's life was animals and teaching people how cool they can really be....even if they are dangerous. Yeah he seemed overly excited and a little bit out there, but it surely did him, the animals and a shitload of folks out there some good.

How often have you been flipping the channels and saw old Steve The Crocodile Hunter on t.v.? How many times did you say, oh, this sucks, or oh this isn't interesting, I don't want to watch this? For me, the shitty part was that I could never catch the show at the beginning and I was always bummed I didn't get to see more.

And that whole thing with them comparing Steve to Michael Jackson dangling his kid from the balcony. I'm sorry but I just don't buy that Steve's baby was put in great danger and that the croc could have eaten him for dinner. If you listen to the details that lead up to it, the preparations, and Steve & Terri's way of life, you'd understand that it really wasn't such a big deal.

It's like a race car driver father who has a son and takes him out in the car. Or a mother who's a diver and teaches her taugher right out of the womb how to swim. It just pisses me off because there are worse things out there in the world to cover in the news. But lets just harp on good people ok? Just for fun?

Ok it's over (20/20) and I'm still upset and still mad that the Croc Hunter is gone. In fact I think I'm still in denial. But how could you not be? When someone is larger than life I suppose they never really "die".

So to Steve's family I hope they can live a happy life in memory of their husband and father. And to Steve....I'm sure you are dancing with your mother, playing fetch with Suey (sp?) and rolling around with the crocs of your past. Enjoy and come by to visit sometime will ya?


PS I'm sure Steve is loving this Locust Invasion! Crikey!

3 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, September 27, 2006, Blogger My Way said…

    For the record I had some serious issues posting this. Not with myself but either the damn internet or blogger.com. I felt like JJ who had lost her blog yet another time. And who hated it when people told her to put it in word first. I sure as hell didn't do that! Anyhow, the stupid blog thingy has not been very helpful in freakin slightest. I thought I had lost my entire post but it appears that "someone" saved it.

    Thanks Steve!

     
  • At 11:28 PM, September 27, 2006, Blogger JJ said…

    Well I will tell you that tonight when I came home from work I posted, and then like 10 min later I went to view it and the WHOLE PAGE WAS BLANK. Couldn't get it at all - as if my blog was deleted. Then the post I posted posted twice (says Dr. Suess)... I think it's Blogger. But you KNOW the problems I had with Cablemas...

     
  • At 5:50 PM, September 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If Steve comes 'round to visit say hi for me! Do you think he somehow influenced the locusts??

     

Post a Comment

<< Home