Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Friday, September 29, 2006

I got TUBE!

In some of my previous blogs, I mentioned the excitement of having a washer and dryer and all the trials and tribulations of getting it hooked up. It sort of ended with me having to allow it to drain in several buckets because I didn't have tubing long enough, or tubing to fit that would drain in the ..... drain.

The BF said he would find the tubing and that he knew where to go. One day he went around to like 5 different places and said that he couldn't find it and the guys that worked there kept saying, go to this place, but if they don't have it, you won't find it. He pretty much gave up since running around to Mexican hardware stores and such can be kind of dusty and dirty. I sure as hell didn't know where to go so I figured it might be a write-off. In a sense I didn't want to believe it though because hey, this is Mexico. And sometimes they have all sorts of shit that you need or don't need or all that fun stuff.

Washing clothes had become a pain in the ass. I literally had to keep my eye on the washer so that I could let the washer drain into a bucket and had to stay there so that when that bucket got full, I could transfer it into a new bucket. Then I had to dump the buckets out. This results in a giant water mess that has made me wash my floors more times than I want to. It kind of defeated the purpose of a washer being easier and more convenient. Not to mention, when you have three pets running through the water and tracking dirty paws allover, it doesn't help much more.

So I've been asking people here and there if they know of a place that I can get the damn tube/hose/drain pipe. They didn't know specifically but said...you can try this market or that market or what about along this street. But yesterday my dear Becky told me that there was a place that carried various types of tube/hose/drain pipes. I figured I'd give it a try and hijacked her so she could show me exactly where it was.

We went and were sort of looking at some tube outside and tried to explain to the guys like several times what we needed. They I guess assumed that since we were women, that we didn't know what the hell we were talking about and didn't really know what we needed and kept pointing to this hose that was way too small.

We also kept asking for a measuring tape. I'm certain we asked at least 20 times before we got results. Then the smart guys were measuring it from the outside rim to the outside rim which is not correct! Since I need the tubing to be 3cm wide from the inside.

While patient Becky was trying to explain that we needed it bigger and why, because AGAIN, we are women and thus must not know shit, I went into the store and saw something that might be better.

It was not perfect but it was closer and I figured that if I melted the end of the tubing with a hairdryer since it was so flexible that I could fit it over the other tube. Then miss Beckla found a better tube and it was exactly what we needed.

You don't understand how happy I was and how cool it was to find that damn tube. And even when we found it and were sure of it, they weren't so sure that we knew what the hell we needed. So I carefully explained to them that I needed tubing that would fit over something like a condom.

Of course that Becky said, "Liz!" like my mother would and apologized to them for my frankness. But I will tell you that those "know-it-all-men" finally gave the fuck up and basically agreed that this would be the best option. To add to the stupidity, they cut it and didn't ask before they cut it if it was long enough and the old man at the cash scolded the young dude for not asking before he cut it. It worked out to be the 10 feet that I needed which also translates into 3 meters (thanks beckla!).

Well I took that tubing home and I did it all up nice and it fit all snug and is long enough to go to the drain and everything!

...........................................Now the only thing left to do is to actually wash something.....................and walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 Comments:

  • At 6:02 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I did not apologize, I just called you a bad girl and got embarrassed for you, or more likely, for me, cause I'm a polite sweet young thing!

     
  • At 7:00 PM, September 29, 2006, Blogger My Way said…

    Same difference. You scolded me. Who'd a thought you'd have to bring sex into the picture to get a man to understand....

     
  • At 7:23 PM, September 29, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Who´d have thought????

     
  • At 10:49 AM, September 30, 2006, Blogger JJ said…

    Yay! Tubing.... woo hoo..! ...

     
  • At 6:40 PM, September 30, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so happy for you! Now ....like you said , you can now walk away and go and do whatever you want. Do you need some Bounce for the dryer? luv MOM

     
  • At 6:02 PM, October 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    YAY! Wash and walk away!? Not something I have managed to yet realize in my mexican life!

     
  • At 10:56 PM, October 03, 2006, Blogger My Way said…

    You see....washing and walking away is not an easy thing to come by. Especially not here! So I feel blessed! Bell sister....should we go hunt for some tube for you? You can attach it directly to the tap and thread it through your apartment instead of using buckets or whatever you use. Shall we tackle it? I want those guys to look at me again like I'm a woman and don't know anything.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home