Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, September 07, 2008

Perfectly Profeco

Last night my friend was driving me home after a night of UFC and salsa dancing (I know...they totally go together). I looked at him and noticed that his eye brows seemed more groomed than normal.

I turned to him and said, "How come your eye brows are so perfecto? You know, perfecto, not PROFECO? HA HA HA HA HA!". I busted out in giggles thinking about how I had just made a really good funny.

Except he wasn't laughing at all. He looked at me with a straight face and said, it's not funny I don't get it.

So I said, oh well in Mexico if you have problems with a store of some sort, you can go to PROFECO and they'll help you out. Get it? Perfecto...profeco....they sound the same...ha ha ha?

He says, "Yeah, um it's still not funny".

I said, "Oh" and sat there, silently confused. Not understanding why my play on words wasn't funny to him. Even though he is from Nicaragua and speaks Spanish, there are just some things that not everyone is going to ever get. But that's cool. I can dig it. It's like a secret society of expats that all make jokes about the same things and all know what each other are talking about.

So, I turned to him and said, "So seriously, why are the eye brows so profecto?"......

.....and then.......... he busts out laughing.

Perhaps I've converted him to a Spanglish speaking Mexpat?

;-)

He never did answer the freakin question. Must be a closet eye brow waxer....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home