Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ooohhhhh He Crossed the Wrong B@#$%!

It's really interesting to see the difference in cultures that I've experienced since I've been back home.

In Mexico, people are pretty relaxed about things, tolerate more things (loud music until the wee hours in the mornin, no water, no electric, etc), and don't pick up their dog shit.

In Canada, there are rules and regulations, people expect top-notch service, and there are signs that say "pick up your dog shit" and people pretty much pick it up.

But some people just take the rules and what they think are their rights a little too far.

For example...this evening...I was out taking my dog for a liesurely walk. We went out of the gate and he peed on the bushes outside the gate (public property might I add).

Some man comes out and says, "Can you not let your dog piss there! My yard smells like dog piss!".

I stood there in silence for a few moments in complete shock that a) this man said this, b) this man was so rude, c) insinuated that my 2 lb dog made his yard smell like piss (lets get real folks, he was making it up), d) was complaining about dog piss on a bush OUTSIDE his yard, e) would even bitch about piss instead of shit and e) made it seem like I'm responsible for this pissy mess when I moved in LAST NIGHT.

So I stared at him and threw spears via my eyeballs and said, "Are you kidding me????" in the calmest most evil voice evah! (Notice how I left out the "fucking" in "Are you FUCKING kidding me?"....cuz I'm more polite than that.)

So anyways........

And he says to me, my yard, it smells and your dog is peeing here. I said, "You know what, I just moved here YESTERDAY!".

And he BLINK BLINK BLINKED at me and said in snotty way that meant he thought I was lying, "OH yeah".

He thought I was lying and then he realized I was pretty frickin serious.

I could not believe the rudness of this bastard. So then he goes, "Oh well, sorry but I don't want any dogs pissing on my bushes.".

So, I said, "Well put up a sign before you start attacking people. My dog weighs two pounds and I seriously doubt that he is pissing up your yard.".

Jerk.

Wonder who pissed (pun intended) in his cornflakes this morning. Perhaps his woman isn't giving him any because he's such an ASSHOLE and thats why he's attacking random dog walkers.

Too bad I'm not a man. I'd go take a leak on his bushes once it gets dark.

Seriously, what a sign of karma. The dude is a jerk so Señorita Karma sent the dogs to piss all over his yard.

No shit. Piss only.

9 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, August 14, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    Probably the first thing I noticed when I re-entered (the first and most significant time) was people who take their "rights" WAY too seriously. Like this character, but also like the people sitting outside a coffee shop with their dog, in their "rightful" personal space, and I say "hi" to the pup, and they look at me as if they have some how been violated. People are way too uptight. People demand. People need to get the hell over themselves.

     
  • At 9:40 AM, August 14, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well get this, in Maple Ridge it was reported the other week a man had his boxer off leash in a park and a woman walking her dogs on leash gave him heck about it. She leave the park and as he is packing his dog into his vehicle she comes back and tries to pepper spray his dog, unsuccessful, but pepper sprays him. Now the police are looking for her as that is assault with a weapon as, another rule, pepper spray is illegal in Canada.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, August 14, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    JJ - I am de acuerdo contigo! What is it with people going beyond the rules and beyond normalcy for that matter?

    Ray - What a crazy story! I didn't know pepper spray was illegal! I was going to ask about where to get some! Better pepper spray in your face than my foot right?

     
  • At 8:00 PM, August 14, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    that is all kinds of bizarre. When we were kids (in the first half of the previous century)there was this neighbor who would get upset if we stepped on his lawn. So of course, being kids we always walked across his lawn. He actually wasn't a bad guy, they ended up being really close friends to my parents, except for the lawn thing.
    regards,
    Theresa

     
  • At 5:43 AM, August 15, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can actually see both sides of the dog P issue. I've never cared for other peoples dogs pissing in my yard or bushes. It does begin to smell after a while and I'd rather not have dog piss whafting up my nose.

    Granted, you said your dog was NOT on this guys property, which is legally different, but I'd proly been just as miffed about it, but wouldn't have said anything to you about it since technically, it's public land and your dog has a right to P there.

    Michelle

     
  • At 8:25 AM, August 15, 2008, Blogger barry said…

    I think you showed great self restraint Liz giving the situation and the fact you were not guilty as charged but he still pursued the scenerio.. he was lucky . it might have turned out differently, something more like...." Excuse me a sec, I need to make a call .. Hello 911,, I need an ambulance ,, Sent to..Whats this address?. ,Yes, a confused man with serious grass stains on his face, and a grass plug up one nostril.. but he seems to be able to breath ....OH ,, and you should also send HAZMAT ,, for some reason he smells like PEE.." Yes I know Violence is the tool of the Ignorant.,, but some ignorant people just need a reminder to Act Nicer .

     
  • At 5:29 AM, August 18, 2008, Blogger Bluestreak said…

    i understand bitching about poop cause you can slip on that shit and break your neck. But piss???? come on, it´s organic. how dare he bitch about piss.

     
  • At 11:53 AM, August 18, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Theresa - If I could encourage Diesel to pee on the public property bushes OUTSIDE of his yard I would. But you know...dogs have a mind of their own sometimes.

    Michelle - Yeah it wasn't on his property and the bushes were considered "public". So he can kiss my doggy's behind.

    Barry - I like you.

    Bluestreak - You see what I'm sayin? And also, that was the FIRST time he ever peed his .23 ounces of pee there.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, August 19, 2008, Blogger barry said…

    I like you too , Liz,, I couldn't Get the image of a Big Ass Jar of Mayonaise out of my mind when I read how that jerk was going on,,.. "Ut Oh Pard.Hope your medical insurance is paid up ." have a great week....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home