Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Photo Time

Todays blog is very easy on the eyes. More pictures and less yapping. See how nice I am?

Here we go....

This pic is from the Folk Music Festival. I worked it two days after I arrived and this is the view I had from the booth. Since the view is kinda purdy, it wasn't so terribly horrible working while jet lagged.



My mom and I went to a sand castle competition at the beach in White Rock this past weekend. It was more of an amateur sand castle competion but it was still fun to go to. Lots of local businesses and kids were involved. Some of the kids built their own sand castles but did not enter the competition. What a mistake that was because their work was often better than some of the local businesses! Yes I am an expert on judging so I know these things. Thanks for asking.

Anyhow we parked the car at the top of a very steep hill and decided to hike down. Too bad the view sucked:

Dear non-professional picture taking people,

Rail road tracks and doors always make for cool pictures. They are artsy and you don't have to be a professional photographer to take a good picture of them. So take pics of them and you will look like you should own your own coffee table book.


The tide was out and the competition was on. Lots of friendly people all over holding their sandles and sinking their feetsies in the sand. I am use to the sand being WHITE so I chose to wear my shoes thinking that dark sand must equal dirty sand. While this is not the case, this is the sort of mental anguish I go through from day to day. Now you know.

This octopus was done by kids under the age of 12. They rock:

This next one looks to be a castle (really? at a sand castle competion!?) and a monster wanting to eat the castle. Rar!

Who would have thought that there are also sperm whales up in B.C.? You learn something new every day. Plus...it is sperm whale season so it makes sense........ I don't know why I thought it that they wouldn't be around this year!


We couldn't figure out what the heck this next "sand castle" was:

Until we saw this next to it:

Boo ya! Canada has castles too!

Peeps on the beach:

Bowling on the beach! I betchya I can get a strike!


And THIS view I just love:

This concludes the sande castle competition. I have more pics but you know, blogger uploading sucks.

I am very pleased to announce that I did no have any destructive thoughts while at the beach. I had no urge to run through and destroy the castles or stomp them out and yell "who's the king of the castle now biatch!?". So thats a good thing right? For some reason I still want to run through Costco and knock everything over and watch mayonaise jars go smash. But don't worry, I never act on it.

Yeah. So moving on.

It's kit kit time!

Here's Moco...for once....not stirring up shit and looking all "proper" (haha! she fools!):

And here's me all cute and calm and non-destructive (ha ha! she fools!) curling up with two of my kids. Diablo of course is too important to share her love so she is not pictured here. The love Diablo and I share is special and private, so it is not often posted on my blog.

And THAT concludes todays version of Photo Time. Thanks for watchin.

Have fun smashin mayonesa jars in your mind. It helps..........with the voices.

LOL!

5 Comments:

  • At 2:28 AM, August 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    WOW!! Beautiful country! I love the pics...thanks for sharing them.

    Some of those sand castles are REALLY cool. I don't think I've ever seen anyone in Cancun building anything like that.

    Michelle

     
  • At 9:59 AM, August 08, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Seems to me the "sand" in Cancun isn't as good for sand castles as normal sand it.

    Thanks for the great pix! It's good to see the animals looking content, and you too!

    My Emma-cat has just decided to fling all of my little top-of-the-monitor-toys onto the desk...here comes a bronze Buddha and a wind-up penguin and s seashell...damn cat!

     
  • At 9:14 PM, August 08, 2008, Blogger tacogirl said…

    Great sandcastle shots - always amazes me how creative the builders get.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, August 08, 2008, Blogger Islagringo said…

    So where's the good railroad track shot? Just kidding! LOL! Just so you don't feel all alone, when I first saw the black beach in Costa Rica, I wouldn't walk on it at all because I thought it was dirty and would stink!

     
  • At 12:12 PM, August 09, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ain't life a constant surprise, here I am just cruising the web and I come across pix of White Rock.
    We were there for the snowbirds fly by, eating fish and chips on the sidewalk!
    My cruising had taken me from Honduras to White Rock.
    Thanks for the trip!
    Now I must get back to searching the Yucatan for stories of Canadians living the new life.
    Maybe we will run into eachother at some point, you will have to drive south to Tulum, I know you don't like the highways but 307 is pretty easy, right?
    XD Ron

     

Post a Comment

<< Home