Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, July 06, 2008

Mosquito Nightmare!

I am going to die of Mosquito invasion. I know I am more likely to get eaten alive than your average person, but seriously, this is horrendous.

I haven't been bit like this since that time I went to Victoria Island with my brother and an Italian girl . All the hotels were booked and my bro thought it would be a good idea to "camp" without camp gear in the middle of the forest. HA. Lets just say there were chunks missing from my skin it was so bad. Plus I stunk like smoke because "if you stand in the fire smoke they won't get ya". Yeah sure. Now I'm itchy and smell like I've been roasted on an open fire.

Shortly after, I went to Italy and the Italians thought I had a disease. It was so bad that I was bruised everywhere from scratching the bleep out of myself. Of course my bro and the Italian girl didn't get it as bad as me. And so, for the rest of my life I will be known as the girl with "sweet blood". Nice.

Anyhow, I digress.

What I'd really like to know is, why the "Mosquito Patrol" comes around spraying the neighbourhood, putting poison in our sisternas and drawing on our walls when there has been NO rain for months, and then when we've had a tonne of rain and there is dead water everywhere, they don't show up?

I know I said they were ninjas, but this time the mosquito ninjas are surely not doing their job, because otherwise, I wouldn't have 30 mosquitos on me at once as soon as I step outside the door. Plus, there is no new graffiti.

Anyways, I don't know why this would be surprise to me. You know....things not working the way they should.

Which also leads to the question, "Why do we need mosquitos?". Apparently I'm not the only one around that wants them GONE.

Excuse me while I go scratch.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:13 PM, July 06, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    The mosquitos are awful this year.I don't think that they could possibly serve any good purpose.
    They don't usually bite me but this current crop has made an exception.
    regards,
    Theresa

     
  • At 5:30 PM, July 07, 2008, Blogger Islagringo said…

    While in Playa this weekend, the mosquito truck came down our street. (the one with no sidewalks!) They were spraying from BOTH sides of the truck! Had we not made it into the house, we would have had to duck behind cars or something to avoid a full on spraying of that toxic crap!

     
  • At 3:19 PM, July 10, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Apparently if you carry a BOUNCE sheet in your pocket or on you it's suppose to keep those nasty things away from you. It doesn't hurt to try it out and don't wear purfume or any of that body spray, that you use, it just attracks them.

     
  • At 6:58 AM, July 14, 2008, Blogger Bluestreak said…

    sounds like a nightmare and reminds me of when i was in Ecuador. Everyone with me was nearly eaten alive. But I had a trick. I took Vitamin B complex and they stayed away. Try it. I swear by it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home