Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Twilight Zone

So um, I failed to mention I'm in Vancouver right now. LOL. Well I'm not really in Vancouver but sort of. In any case, I'm not in Mexico and I haven't slept well the past 3 days so I'm not really sure if I'm really here or not here or what.

Here are some interesting things that happened today:

- I went to a veggie/fruit store and got overwhelmed with the amount of fresh fruit and veggies that were all displayed ever so nicely. They were not gushy and rotting or damaged and old. You did not have to pick through them to get the best ones. And cherries! Glorious cherries!!!! Oh how yum. I liked how the veggies didn't have oil or wax on them too. That was a bonus.

- I got this awesome bread from a bread store. It was pumpkin bread with a sugary creamy cheese topping oh lordy. LORDY.

- I went to the bank and oh my god the young lad behind the counter was so freakin nice and friendly and I was like "blink blink. blink." ..... is this a movie?

- I had a meltdown in London Drugs (drugstore with all sorts of great things). Too many things, too many things to look at. Choices choices choices. Ouch my brain hurteded. Had to go FAST.

- We walked into Safeway and this cute tall man said "hello" and smiled. I felt like a dork and was like, "Hey mom, he said hi and didn't drool and say mamacita and turn around to look at my ass! He just said HELLO!??". Wow.

- It's the coldest June here on record. Um....WTF? It's like NOVEMBER weather. Oh well, at least I don't have a sweaty crotch.


Seriously, this IS the twilight zone.

6 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM, June 12, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    Just wait til you get to pay your bills or get to mail something. Or go to buy shoes. Or go to the beach... oh wait. That's way different. :)

     
  • At 7:48 AM, June 12, 2008, Blogger Fned said…

    haha... yep.. sounds to me like you're experiencing culture shock. Careful girl! You might get used to it and go back to live in the Big North.... and then what would Cancun be like with out Tha One and Only Miss Mexico Way bitching about life in Mexico???? Boring, that's what. ;)

    Fned.

    P.S. Sweaty Crotch??? Oh. My. God. LMAO.

     
  • At 11:30 AM, June 12, 2008, Blogger Bluestreak said…

    Sweaty crotch....HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAAAAAAAA.

    Oh man! I´m so homesick right now I would die to just go home for one hour and be able to just go to Safeway...no family, no friends, just a trip to the grocery store, where someone bags my groceries for me and thanks me for my business.

     
  • At 12:22 PM, June 12, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You bad girl, you are making me homesick! Oh, wait, I was already homesick!

     
  • At 8:01 PM, June 12, 2008, Blogger Islagringo said…

    You always end your posts on the high note! The visual you conjure is....well, it just isn't working! Have a great time up there and keep blogging about your culture shock. It's a treat to read!

     
  • At 8:51 PM, June 13, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    JJ - Yes, yes and yes!

    Fned - I can bitch about a lot of things. It's just in my nature. lol. I'm good at it!

    Bluestreak - It's funny how those things weren't important to use before but now they are. And yes, sweaty crotch, in the heat it's impossible to avoid!

    Rivergirl - Yeah! Don't blame me!

    Wayne - Glad you are enjoying. I like to put a smile on your face. You're much nicer when you're smiling. ;-) lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home