Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Want My Money OR NOT?

There are some things that I just don't understand. Do you want my money or not? In most cases, it appears, you do not.

You require that I pay you a monthly security fee. I have no issues with this. I'll pay it. But then take my f'n money and write me my receipt and let's be done with it yes?

No.

I want to pay for the month.

"Go pay in the office," says the security guard.

Ok. I'll go there right now.

(I'm in the office as instructed.)

Can I please pay the security fee for the month? (to the lady in the office at the desk)

"No, I'm sorry the lady that takes the security money is not here. Can you just go down 3 streets and pay over there?"

Um?????? No!!!!! WTF!!!???? I ain't going to her house. This is the OFFICE and she should be here during these hours! So where the bleep is she?

"Well can you wait 10 minutes?"

Um, no I don't have time to wait I need to pay now or forget about it. That is why I am here now. And I plan to leave now.

"She's coming "ahorita" (right now)."

Right now? Why is it the same bullshit every month? You tell me I have to pay, and you make me run around every month so that you can have my money. It doesn't work that way. You should be chasing me!

"Maybe she can go to your house."

No, um MAYBE you don't understand. I don't have time. You don't want my money? That's fine I will take it with me. And the next time the security guards ask me if I paid, I will tell them that that stupid puta in the office no quiere mi dinero! (doesn't want my money!)

So open the gate PLEASE. Cuz now you've done gone pissed off the Canadian biotch! Watch out or she'll throw a sasquatch on your ass.


(Note: Security fee is not paid for the month of July. Now you know why.)

7 Comments:

  • At 9:10 PM, July 01, 2008, Blogger Gary Denness said…

    Daily life in Mexico - glad it's not just me who suffers!

    I learned the meaning of 'This is Mexico' quite quickly. But it still bugs me!

     
  • At 12:24 AM, July 02, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    That's one of the differences between you and me: EVERYBODY wants my money. And they take it. Oh boy they take it.

     
  • At 8:30 AM, July 03, 2008, Blogger Fned said…

    *long sigh* if only our co-op association would be composed of mexicans.... we get a request for payment in the mail THREE WEEKS before deadline and a "YOU BETTER PAY NOW" letter 3 days after deadline!

    I miss those "ahoriiiiiita, ahoriiiitaaaaa.... no se me impaciente huerita".... LOL

    Fned.

     
  • At 11:48 PM, July 04, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    It always amazes me how difficult it can be to pay bills in Mexico. What would happen if you didn't pay the security fee? would they stop guarding your apartment?
    regards,
    Theresa

     
  • At 3:53 PM, July 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's weird how hard it is to pay in Mexico sometimes because it's not like people aren't greedy. I guess when the money is going to a company, not to an individual, then the individual employee might not care if you pay.

    Hey, I'm up here in cold Maine wearing socks...hope you are nice and hot in Cancun...

     
  • At 8:12 PM, July 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! You crack me up. Don't forget - your time is worth NOTHING here! Therefore you should have all the time in the world to wait or run around the city trying to do one little thing, silly.

     
  • At 10:54 PM, July 07, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Thanks for your comments everyone!

    Theresa, if I don't pay, they will harrass me at the gate and then refuse to open it. So I will have to do the walk of shame and get out of my car and open it myself.

    Rivergirl - Yes, I still have a sweaty crotch.

    Michele - I'd be rich if I got paid for my time being worth nothing.

    HA!

    BTW, I finally paid. The lady had the balls to ask me if I was there the day before.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home