Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Shopping

I think my mother wants me and my zoo out of her house so she has been pricking me with a lightening rod to buy the things I will need to live solita. What she doesn't understand is that pressure purchases don't seem to be working well. I realized this after I told Miss Beckla some of the things I bought. They made no sense and I thought you might get a kick out of it:

- Doggy bed
- Doggy house coat
- T.V. Dinner table (works well with couches, you can eat comfortably in front of the t.v., or do homework you don't have or put your laptop on it).
- A set of plastic bowls. Small ones to bigger ones.
- Ketchup chips
- Popcorn.
- Garbage bags
- Swedish Berries (like Swedish Fish to you Americans de Los EEU)
- A mirror
- Stuffing to stuff an already existing doggy bed.
- A toaster oven
- Wet wipes
- Kitty Litter
- Dog Shampoo

I think there is more but frankly the list is pretty screwed up. LOL. So, um, don't force me to shop is all I'm sayin!

8 Comments:

  • At 5:30 PM, July 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL! Impressive list of "stuff".....

    You forgot that Americans don't have Ketchup chips in our country.

    So here is the cheat sheet for those who just read the shopping list and wondered, "what the heck is a ketchup chip?"

    http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?snack_code=369

    Sounds nasty! Do the dogs eat them?LOL!

    Michelle N Chicago

     
  • At 6:24 PM, July 23, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    What's wrong with your list? I thought the Swedish berries were very crucial. I love Swedish fish, gomitas and my personal favorite of junky candy is red hot tamales! yum....I have a set of those TV dinner tables, I have used them as a place to put my keyboards, a nightstand, an end table, a mini-desk, the manicure lady uses one when she comes to give me my manicure, I have used them to display plants,hold the tv (it's small) and I have even been known to eat off them! Almost as useful as a beach towel.
    All you need now is a bed that doubles as a couch and you are set!
    regards,
    Theresa
    Theresa

     
  • At 8:43 PM, July 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had never heard of ketchup chips. I am here in the USA. I am not sure that I would like them but would be interesting in a taste test someday.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, July 24, 2008, Blogger Bluestreak said…

    Damn, gettin the ole "patada" by mom, hu?

    Ok, maybe i´ve been out of the states too long, but I too do not know what the hell ketchup chips are. They sound kinda sick though.

     
  • At 12:07 PM, July 24, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Michelle - I have not forgotten that Americans don't have kethchup chips in their country. However, those Americans that I have allowed to try my stash of ketchup chips while I was in Mexico, REALLY REALLY liked them. That and Dill Pickle chips. Don't forget that the best brand is "Old Dutch". Lays doesn't cut it.

    Theresa - You are so sweet. Thank you for making me feel a little better about my haphazard shopping trip. lol. I'm so glad I bought that stand thingy!

    Jackie - You are missing out. They are bombalicious.

    Bluestreak - You too? SHAME!!! LOL.

     
  • At 12:52 PM, July 24, 2008, Blogger barry said…

    Hiya L.. yes that's an eclectic list for sure,, and if I ever got picked to compete in the 'GREAT SCAVENGER HUNT"..I sure would like you for a partner. Glad you are making a smooth transistion.

     
  • At 7:11 PM, July 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am pretty sure we have the dill pickle chips here. Those actually sound worse to me than the ketchup chips tho.

    I've never seen old dutch brand anything, but it's possible that it is distributed in the states...I've just never seen it.

    I had to do a google image search to find out what gomitas were. I know we have those here, but I have no clue what they are called here.

    Michelle N Chicago

     
  • At 8:45 AM, July 26, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    Awww, the essentials came first, excellent, lol! Scarf some dill pickle and salt and vinegar chips for me please!!! And some Triscuits, mmmm, Triscuits.......

    We want pictures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home