Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Day 1 of Latin American Blogger Meet-up

Friday night Lisa Love Loca and I took the ferry out to Isla Mujeres for the first evening of the Latin American Blogger meet-up. We didn't exactly know where Fayne's was, but we located it quite easily. The orange and white balloons helped! Thanks Wayne! lol

We seemed to be the cool show up late-comers (you gotta make an entrance if you know what I'm sayin!) and everyone was already mingling and chatting.

I spotted a familiar face....River Girl (Kim) and her esposo and decided to start there. I worked my way over to Wayne and then met Chicago Tom who promptly informed me that he's been following my blog for the last 2 years at which point I thought, "Wow. Um, you must think I'm a total wackadoo nutsorolla chica entonces!". He was really cool about it and we discussed his fairly recent move to Cancun. Welcome Newbies!


I then was super duper honoured to meet the lovely Heather in Paradise who I totally clicked with since she is who I thought she was and is who she appears to be in her blog. A super duper cool chica who's down to earth, intelligent, humorous, and has a huge heart. Poor girly had to rest her ankle a little...she's still a healin:


I then got to meet Mimi and Theresa and Jonna and some significant others. Apparently tying your electrical cords in knots so that any surges of electricity are prevented isn't too far off from the truth.

Wow that was random. Anyhow, we were catching up on eachother based on what we write about day to day and boy that Mimi was sure having a good time! lol.

Soon it was time for a lovely dinner and I got to meet Life's a Beach and talk to her about raising kids in Mexico which was cool cuz you know.... my furry friends need all the help they can get.




After dinner we were surprised with a performance by Fire Boy. He really is good and here's a vid to prove it:


Soon it was late and since I wasn't staying on the island over night I decided it was time for me to head back on the 11pm ferry. The others stayed to continue the party and I went home to catch up on some much needed rest since the golf cart tour was the next adventure of the bloggers meet-up!

Hot chicks:

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, April 21, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    Electrical cords? Surges? Ooook, maybe I better not ask.

    Keep em coming girl, you're only through a couple of hours of a weekend thang! Great pics and storiez, can't wait for more from you.

    Great to see you too BTW, always fun!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, April 21, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, look how cute we are. We're all in love and shit.

    This is not the end, you know. We'll hang out again, and get braids with beads and dance to YMCA while holding our yard-long drink.

    Name the place, chica. If you name it, I will come.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home