Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Please Don't Lock in the Stank!

This is just something I've noticed.

And this is also something other expats have noticed.

And maybe it's a cultural thing because I have seen it done over and over and over again and other people keep telling me that they've noticed it too.

But why is it that, here, closing the bathroom door is like....."the rule".

Is there something I don't know?

Like, it's not just, lets sort of close it halfway so that when you walk by the toilet isnt staring you in the face.

It's more like, "it's hot in here and someone just took a crap" so lets shut the door!

In every single office building I've worked here, on every single floor and every single person that has come to my house or I've been to theirs....the bathroom doors are ALWAYS closed.

Personally, if it's the office, I like to leave it sort of half open. So it can get some fresh air and stuff. If it's at home, I like to leave it open. It's an invitation to use my crapper really. It's there, it's normal and it's also available.

If a bathroom door is closed.....it leads one to believe that there is someone or something in there....or it is "out of service". I think that if the bathroom is really person free, the door should be open. A closed door says, "occupied, i'm in the crapper, come back later".

My favorite is a bathroom in a hot place like Cancun, Mexico, that has no a/c or windows, or fan and someone just "pedescar'ed el bimbo" (translation: pinched a loaf / language: Spanglish). If you think you are doing the next several people a favor......

....you're not!

So please, don't lock in the stank. And don't make me go a knockin if there ain't no one in there doing the ploppin.

(How's that? I blogged and wrote something!)

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • At 4:41 PM, November 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    AMEN HERMANA!!

    Snortely snoot too!!

     
  • At 10:05 PM, November 06, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    LMAO! "pedescar'ed el bimbo", excellent use of Splanglish.

    We are door closed-ers here, mostly because of a two year olds fascination with putting things in the toilet. But ohyeah, before Max I was confused by hubby's obsessional insistence on a closed bathroom door.

     
  • At 8:54 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger Brenda Maas said…

    Funny.

     
  • At 10:24 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger Fned said…

    At least it's not like in France where people (women and men alike) actually go to pee with the door OPEN!!

    I'm not saying it's the general rule but I have had a shocker or two.....

     
  • At 10:50 AM, November 07, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Wow other people inviting you to watch them poop! That's awesome! Thanks for adding me to your list fned. Lets hope the writers block doesn't continue!

     
  • At 10:34 PM, November 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sometimes I think people here keep their bathroom doors shut because the drains in their showers don't have water traps, so the sewer smell comes up from there. So they aren't just keeping in the recent poop smell but also the "my bathroom always stinks" smell. And a water trap for a shower costs a whole $20 pesos...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home