Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Honesty Still Exists & Britney, Keep Your Panties On!!!

Seriously. Enough crotch shots. It's called underwear or pants or keeping your legs together. In case you haven't noticed, their are cameras aimed at you all the time, and they are often at crotch-level.

Ok.

Now that I've gotten THAT off my chest......

When I left for Vancouver and had to be at the airport at like 4 a.m. (thanks for the drive laura!), I was standing in line when this guy asks me, "So for how long did you go for?".

I kinda laughed to myself and was like, "Five years actually!". He was a little shocked and was really interested in the fact that I lived in Cancun and was asking me all sorts of questions. Apparently he decided to jump off his cruise ship so he could see more of Playa and Cancun.

We finally got up to the counter and I had to pay $25 because my suitcase was overweight and I wasn't about to take stuff out of it. At the same time the same guy was next to me and he looked all stressed out and out of sorts. He had to open up his suitcase to find his wallet. The woman at the counter kept saying he had to pay the departure tax or he would not be going anywhere. He started pulling out his hair and then looked at me and asked if I could "lend" him the money for it.

A giant spotlight appeared above me. I was kind of annoyed but gave the money to the agent. I mean do I tell this stranger no, and feel responsible for him being denied departure? Or do I say yes and kiss the money goodbye? I said yes, and forked it over.

Apparently they wouldn't take credit cards and he couldn't withdraw any money from the bank machine so he was screwed.

After we were done at the counters I was like, so um, how you going to pay me back? He said some BS about buying me breakfast and I was like, um, no place is open and I wasn't really looking for a $25.00 breaky at 4:30 am. So he said he'd send me a check. I was like, I don't have an address to give you right now because my mom moved so I don't know where you could send it. He said he would send it to me in Mexico. I was like....yeah um, I can't deposit a US check here so that won't work and I probably wont get it. Ask all RHI clients. We tell them this all the time.

Then I got smart and asked if he used Paypal. He said yes.

At this point I was totally pissed off and think he was chatting it up with me just so that he could ask me for the money and run/fly away. Super annoying.

We exchanged emails and I figured I kissed the money goodbye, did my good deed, and in some way it would come back to me later on in life.

My flight stopped in Houston and was delayed about three and a half hours and when I got into Vancouver I had to run to the seamstress to hem my dress for the wedding. I ran to see my dad and then my mom and I were stuck in traffic for another hour and a half before we finally arrived.

By the time I got home I was tired but thought I should at least check in and let everyone know I made it back in one peace.

In my mailbox was an email with the subject line saying:

"Airline Favor"
It was that guy in the airport who did what he said what he would do, except faster, thanking me for putting the money out because if I hadn't, he may still be stuck in Cancun.
You're welcome and thanks for being a good citizen and sticking to your word!
And shame on me for thinking the worst!
And YES! I am wearing panties and pants!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home