Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Another Interesting Mexican Bug

This is another bug that I found that I thought I should document. My guess is that it's probably some sort of beatle but I could be wrong. I could also be wrong about the fact that it does not frighten me and is kind of cute. Kind of gives me the same feeling that a lady bug does. It's interesting and fun and you need not fear it.

It's been hanging out in my hallway for quite a while now and I see it and say hello to it. It has no problems climbing walls but does not jump, fly or spin webs. It is also quite big. Maybe the length of a ten peso coin and it is quite thick and not flat. I think I'll name it Verde Amarillo as it is such a distinguished name and well, those are its colors*.



Again, if you know what the hell this is, or if I shouldn't cuddle with it in bed, let me know.




*You know I'm originally from Canada and feel stupid about spelling the word "color" without the "u" . But I don't want any of you Los Estados Unidadenses to think that I don't know how to spell the word "color". I do. It's just that in Canada we spell it "colour". So I kind of feel like I'm betraying the original spelling that I'm use to. I get all stressed out about it too, depending on who I'm chatting with or who is going to read this. I will tell you that I will not say "rubber bands" and will stick to "elastics". So it's really a give and take situation. And you just better get use to it!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, March 04, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Picture is of a green stink bug.

     
  • At 9:31 AM, March 05, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Thank you anonymous!

    You are correct:

    http://www.ent.iastate.edu/imagegal/hemiptera/stinkbug/greenstinkbug.html

    I still think mine is cuter tho.

     
  • At 3:30 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice stink bug Liz! They are cute, just don't vacuum them...sheesh.

    I think you should spell the way you want to, we can adapt...really. Just don't go calling pencil erasers "rubbers" the way the Brits do, that one always throws me off!

     
  • At 4:36 PM, March 05, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Thank you neighboUr!

    :)

     
  • At 5:03 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a big fan of the U's personally! I also enjoy 'shoppe' instead of plain old 'shop' but I don't think that's Can-ya-den talk.
    I likey the cute bugs! Do you live in a hut in the selva or what -I never see any of these crazy creatures! Do I live in a bubble?!

     
  • At 8:11 PM, March 05, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just saw one hanging onto the screen outside my bedroom window, and I most certainly do not live in the forest! It´s cute to look at, but I´ll keep it outside. Maybe I´ll send it your way, bell sister, so we can share!!

     
  • At 10:23 AM, March 06, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You would share your stinky bugs with me! (heehee that sounds sexual!) awwwww, ain't that sweet! Mexico way is right I guess; being nice doesn't need to be on a schedule after all!

     
  • At 11:24 AM, March 06, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    See what I'm sayin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home