Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Rationalizing with the Irrational

So for all those experts out there, how do you rationalize with someone who is being completely irrational?

So far....I've learned that you can:

1) Argue with the person being irrational.
3) Agree with them.
7) Ignore them.

(I know my numbers don't go 1, 2, 3 like they should, but I'm trying to crawl into the mind of an irrational person. Work with me here.)

So far....I've found that their responses are as follows:

6) Become more irrational and crazy.
6) Become more irrational and crazy.
6) Become more irrational and crazy.

I think that in the end no one wins this battle. But who am I to say? Because usually I'm on the end of the rational person, or ..... somewhat rational or trying to be rational or I think I'm being rational.

All of you irrational people,.....can you tell me, are you happy when the other person does any of the above in numbers 1, 3 and 7? I'd really like to know, because arguing with an irrational person has gotten me nowhere. Agreeing with them....um...nowhere......trying to ignore them....nowhere.

Wouldn't one put two and two together to realize hey....this is stupid and causing everyone involved wrinkles and grey hair. Whats the point?

But nooooo you ARE ALWAYS RIGHT DAMMIT! No I'm right! You know what! I'm just going to ignore you!

I love role playing....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:42 AM, August 28, 2006, Blogger JJ said…

    Now YOU'RE starting to sound a little irrational.

    There is no dealing with irrational people. They tend to be selfish and make everything about them. It has been my experience that nothing you do or say can change their beliefs and anyway, they don't think it's THEM being irrational.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home