Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Frogger Time!

In the hopes of trying to figure out all the different features on my camera, I decided that trying to take pictures of the lunar eclipse was probably the best way to do that.

What a stupid idea that was. Most of my pics are black with a blob in the middle. Anyhow, I did get a couple that are like 1% decent to post so here we goes.....

This is one of the new buildings being built in Puerto Cancun. They've got these funky lights on the finished building and the colors at the top change from red to pink to purple to blue to green. I wouldn't say that this is the best for the mangroves or the beach or the jungle or all the animals that would normally live there. However, I am sucked in by the pretty lights against the dark sky and the how they change. This is just before the lunar eclipse started:



I will admit I did not sit out and watch the whole eclipse take place. I ran out here and there and tried to snap pics. This was the start of the eclipse:


When the moon was in total eclipse mode, it appeared a cool dark orange color. It was at this time that I discovered a new option on my camera that dragged whatever image you were focused on. Because i was impatient I didn't create anything special but you can at least see the color of the moon with this pic:

When strange planetary stuff happens, the creatures seem to come out. This little frogger wanted to know what time it was. So I told him:

It's frogger time you silly billy!

It's a Fossil watch so maybe he was trying to get in touch with his dinosaur ancestors or something. I don't know.....I mean I didn't ask. I just kinda said, let me take a picture of you next to my watch so that I can put it on my blog and people can go "woooooooo a frog!".

He said it was ok.

And I said, "You're Fun!".

(that last part was for you JJ)

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:47 PM, February 25, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    He IS a fun little frog!

    At least you actually went outside to look at the eclipse. I was here, reading or keeping the kits off the blinds. I can't even remember.

    Yay!

     
  • At 12:03 AM, February 27, 2008, Blogger Fned said…

    Oh wow! You're pics are good girl (and at least YOU have the cable to download them to your comp, grrrrrrr!!)...

    That little frog is actually so cute... did you try and kiss him to see if he turns into prince charming? Hey! It was right in the middle of a lunar eclipse, you never know!!!!! ;)

    Fned.

     
  • At 9:44 AM, February 27, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    DAMMIT!

    I didn't kiss him!!!

    How dumb am I!????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home