Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Friday, February 29, 2008

"Este es mi pais!"

Well congratulations....cuz I still think you're an asshole!

I had to really think about whether or not I wanted to post about this. But I decided I should because I still think I'm right dammit!

The short version goes something like this....

My friend rents an apartment. She gets two parking spots with the apartment. When she's parked, there is an area behind her that HER guests can park in. It is great because if she can't get in or out of her parking space, at least she knows it's you visiting her, and she can tell you to move your dang car.

The problem is, if someone parks behind her, and there is another car parked in the space in front and to the left of her, she cannot parrallel park her way in, nor get out. It's a real PITA (pain in the ass for those of you who don't know what that is).

Anyhow, some jerk has decided that parking behind my friend is completely acceptable.

About 3 weeks ago we were coming home and caught him going to the car. I asked him if he could park elsewhere because it makes it really difficult to park the car there. He starts in with the "Tranquila" and that just puts me off as soon as I hear the "Tran..."!

He really wasn't listening to a damn word I said and I could tell he didn't respect me because I'm a female. He figured hushing me and saying "Tranquila" would calm allow him to get away with his parking abuse and it just pissed me off more. In the end he said it was only temporary and calm down and blah blah blah (ginger...ja ja I had to throw that in).

Well it turns out it wasn't temporary and the jerk has been parked there consistently for the last 3 weeks.

So this morning I catch him there and I say, "Señor, do you know for how much longer you're going to be parked there for ?". And it all went down hill from there. We were screaming at eachother and he was talking over me and refused to listen. I asked him if thats the way he talked to women and doesn't he have any manners. To which it pissed him off more. To which I had to say you know I'm a woman dumbass, but I'm not a stupid woman and he's not suppose to be parked there and why do the administrators keep telling us that? He of course lied and said it was a common area and he could park wherever he wanted to which I said, then why did you tell me 3 weeks ago that it was only temporary and that you were leaving? Did you change your mind?

He didn't seem to like how a "woman" was pointing out his wrongdoings, nor did he like that I was not a "Mexican woman" and his response to that was:

"ESTE ES MI PAIS!"

Now look here you ignorant, uneducated stupid piece of shit. I don't fucking care! You're still a fucking asshole and the fact that "This is your country" doesn't change the fact that you are parking somewhere where you shouldn't! You know, I have NEVER and WILL NEVER EVER say to an immigrant, a tourist, a guest that is living in Canada, "This is my country!", like it's some sort of excuse for bad behavior or some sort of threat, or some sort of copout for the reality of the situation.

When I say, "This is my country" it's because my country has done something good, and because I'm proud of it. Not because it makes me a better person than you and that it's an excuse for me to behave badly.

On top of it, guess what dickwad, this is my country too, I've been here for 5 years, I pay taxes, I follow the rules, I have all my documents in line and contracts and do everything I'm suppose to do. I'm not the one parking where I shouldn't! Not to mention, I try not to piss off my neighbours. Because you never know when you'll need them to watch your back, or when you'll need them to help you after a huge hurricane (AKA WILMA).

Anyways, thats that. It really wasn't my battle to fight but it was the whole principal of the thing. He was rude about it from the start, didn't try to work it out or figure out a solution. He was dismissive to my words and spoke down to both me and my friend and then on top of it threw down the "country card". Good for you you big man. I hope you feel better about yourself and whatever it is you stand for. I know for a fact that there are kinder, more helpful Mexican men in this country, and on the flip side, they don't say they are kinder and more helpful because of their country. They are that way because they have respect and give respect.

Ok. Done with the rant.

I can't wait to say hi to the nice security man that calls me his "hijita" every day. Now thats what I'm talking about. That's a nice man.

10 Comments:

  • At 6:52 PM, February 29, 2008, Blogger Fned said…

    This is what I would have answered the dumbfuck:

    (Warning: Explicit R language coming up)

    "Mira pendejo, me vale madres que este sea tu pinche pais.... o vas quitando tu puto carro de mierda del estacionamiento de mi amiga o manana lo encuentras sobre cuatro tabiques sin una chingada llanta y rallado hasta la madre, agarras la onda guey??".....

    You'll see if he doesn't respect you as a woman after that!

    :)
    Fned.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, February 29, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Wow! You're a serious badass Fned! LOL. I thought that telling him I would have a grua take it to the dump was bad.... lol

     
  • At 9:03 PM, February 29, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yo Liz - You did great! You rock when you get mad!

     
  • At 12:36 AM, March 01, 2008, Blogger Jonna said…

    Yeah! You do rock! Good for you. Also Fned, you are awesome! 'agarras la onda guey??' loved it.

    oh, I also hate that tranquila shit too. It's so damn passive aggressive. It's like patting me on the head.

     
  • At 1:29 AM, March 01, 2008, Blogger Mamacita Chilena said…

    Dude, I am pissed off for you. By the end of this post there was steam coming out my ears, that's how mad I was. I've had similar things happen here, disrespectful men, being assholes, and then they tell me if I do like it, to go back to my country.

    Should I give you the Chilean version of what I would've said? Basically the same as Fned but translated in our slang?

    Oye pendejo, no me importa ni una mierda que vivas en este puta pais. Mueva el auto, flaite culiado y aprende a respetar a las mujeres porque la proxima vez que tu me mires con esa cara de culo te sacare la concha su madre. No te estoy weando, hijo de puta.

    I loooooooove swearing in Spanish. It's pretty much my favorite hobby.

     
  • At 9:17 AM, March 01, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    You guys crack me up! I would have been a lot ruder except that like said it's really not my battle to fight and didn't want to cause my friend more problems. But I am blown away of the stupidity and ignorance of this poor excuse for a man.

    On top of it you know he was totally going through a midlife crisis and hadn't been laid in a really long time cuz he's super ugly!!!!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 9:59 AM, March 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Man, that shit pisses me off. Crossing the street late one night, a car came screaming around the corner, going the wrong way on a one way street and almost ran me over. I jumped back and screamed, instinctively, "IDIOT!" The guy stops, says to me, "Do you have something to say to me?" I said, "Yeah, you're an idiot! You're going the wrong way!" Now wait for it...

    "So what, this is my country, I can do what I want. Remember that, gringa."

    Grrrrrrr...and no, I would NEVER say anything like that in the US to a foreigner, but there are people that would. Assholiness knows no borders.

    And Fned? I understand most of that, but want to really understand all of it. Can someone translate?

     
  • At 11:51 AM, March 01, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll try my hand at a translation:

    "Look, asshole...I don't give a shit that this is your fucking country...you best move your fucking piece of shit car out of my friend's space or tomorrow you'll find it sitting on four tabiques (??? blocks?) without one fucking wheel and scratched to shit...you get the idea, dude?"

    Your potty mouth rocks my world, Fned!

     
  • At 11:41 AM, March 04, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    Actually, the best thing to say is "Tu mama debe ser muy orgulloso de ti" which means your mother must be very proud of you. It insults everyone and doesn't bring you down to their level.
    Our problem is people who park in front of our driveway, like they can't see it? Nothing like being in a rush to leave and having to find the jerk who is blocking your way out. And they always look so surprised too!
    regards,
    Theresa

     
  • At 1:21 PM, March 04, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    I have used the reference to their mother as well as saying that they are poorly educated. Those seem to work really well.

    I can't tell you how many times my car has been blocked and after sitting on my horn for 10 minutes, they come out and don't even look at you, apologize or anything. Just jump in their car and take off like it's normal.

    UGH!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home