Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thank The Lordy for 2008!

I can't tell you how glad I am that we've started a new year. Out with the old....in with the new!

The evening before New Years Eve Leta and moi decided to get out celebrate the New Year EARLY!

Male Hot Body Contest at Dady Rock! WOooooooooo HOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOoo!

It was ladies night so we drank all we wanted (which wasn't much because you know I gave that up a long time ago "sort of") for fifteen buckeroonies.

We really didn't want to do something in the hotel zone New Years Eve and spend big bucks to be annoyed by drunk people puking in the street and the inability to move because of the thousands and thousands of people in one place at one time. So we celebrated it how we wanted to and a day early at that with change to spare!

Come actual New Years Eve, we were tucked in before midnight and rang in the New Year peacefully, without drama and ready to take on New Years DAY.
That worked out for me because I didn't feel all crappy and was able to go visit my friend from back home who was in town.
She came down with her dad, her husband and her two sons. I helped her push her first son into this crazy world and so I was excited to see him all grown up at 6 years of age and meet his little brother Jesse for the first time.

They were staying at the Crown Paradise Hotel which apparently is the number one hotel to go to if you have kids. It was also apparent that every other family in the world knew this and was staying there at the same time.

I've never walked into a busier more loud, more bursting at the seems hotel than this one! I figure it's not like this all the time but it really was some serious sensory overload!

It was so nice to see Kat, her husband and her father . They no longer live in Vancouver anymore so when I do go into town (Vancouver), I'm lucky if I get to see one of them but thats it.
When I finally saw the kids it was really weird. She had to point them out and I felt like, why the heck don't I know them!? It was really strange seeing Jordan, this big boy that just 6 years ago I held in my arms as he snoozed peacefully. I was the first person to cut his little finger nails and I came over often when he was a newborn so that mama could have a little down time.

Anyhoo. I quickly got my reality check because this kid didn't know me from nada and wasn't all that interested in me until I made sand castles that he could destroy. LOL. In fact I was the coolest person in the world to the both of them for a matter of 5 minutes while I made stuff in the sand for them to kick and punch at. AHHHHHh the life of a kid.

My friend Kat and I managed to spend a few quiet moments together getting to the nitty gritty of each other's lives and I could tell she missed our friendship. It really is a comforting thing to be around someone who knows who you really are so that they can remind you to not stray too far from yourself. We both sort of did that for eachother and that was nice.

I'm going to see if I can dig up that pic of baby Jordan to show you how much he's grown! For now, here are some pics from the day:
Me & Kitty Kat:
Jesse:


Jordan:

The two bros playing peacefully .... but you know...only momentarily! LOL

Here's wishing you all an absolutely awesome 2008!!!! It's been really cool getting to know each and every one of you through your blogs and meeting more and more of you through the intricate linkage of the blogosphere of the internet connecting hookups!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:15 PM, January 03, 2008, Blogger Mamacita Chilena said…

    Happy New Year's. It's always good to catch up with all friends. must've been a good way to welcome '08...and best of all, with no hangover :)

     
  • At 1:39 PM, January 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's awesome you guys did your own thing. I used to try to avoid NYC on New Years as much as possible for the same reasons. Looking forward to spending 2008 South of the Border and being your neighbor, sorta.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home