Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Saturday, December 15, 2007

Visit from Back Home!

I first met Donna in Kindergarten. I don't know why but we became instant friends. She was so nice and everyone liked her. Some of them too much. She's MY friend. Back off!


Unfortunately, in like grade two or something she moved and changed schools. :( That was the end of that!


Until grade 8 of course. I was such a cool cat wearing overalls on the first day of school. Iwas standing there sizing everyone up when I heard someone say, "Are you Liz?". Well of course I am...the one the only. HAHAHA. I recognized that it was Donna at once at we were able to continue our friendship through highschool up until this day.


Bascially I've known Donna for 25 years. A LONG TIME.


She just got married in September to Craig who she met when she left my elementary school and went over to where he was. I guess I can forgive her since they ended up marrying eachother! I posted some pics of my trip and her wedding right here in my blog. If you're not new...you've seen them! LOL.


Anyhoo, it was finally time for Donna and Craig to take their honeymoon and they decided to stay in Tulum. They did not consult with me as to where was the best place, nor did they do any research, but they ended up staying at Dreams Tulum. While I know they had a good vacation, they did complain that being at an AI resort that far made it feel like a compound and complained that they couldn't just walk out or take the bus around town. I say I agree. But then....YOU DIDN'T ASK! Silly billies!


Last Friday I asked for the day off so I could spend some time with them. It was kind of important to me that they come and see where and how I live. No one has done this in the entire 5 years I've been here (except mom of course) and it just meant a lot to me that they make their way here. They rented a car and drove on down here. I was a little worried about them. I explained to them that topes come out of nowhere, that people drive with broken break lights, and pot holes the size of craters will suck them to their death.


Their rental car arrived late (surprise surprise) but they arrived in Cancun (after getting lost in the hotel zone) and I had bakery treats from Walmart waiting for them.


After showing them my abode, we stopped to change some of their money and then headed to Mercado 28. They didn't really like people calling out to them (I totally get that) so I decided to take them to La Isla to eat at that restaurant (name? kelly or janie?) overlooking the dolphins and the lagoon.


They really liked it there. Apparently the dolphin we saw was preggers and due right about the time we were eating.


We were lucky enough to be able to take a look at the shark aquarium as well as the parrots. The food was great (altho a little bit expensive for a local 880 pesos) and they loved the view and that made me happy!


We walked around La Isla a bit and then we headed back to my place. It was dark already and I didn't want them driving too late so I sent them on their way.

Here are some pics:




Love ya Donna!



3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 PM, December 15, 2007, Blogger JJ said…

    Very fun! Yes, it is important for our friends back home to see how we live. So they can SEE it instead of just hear about it, you know? Sounds like you guys had a very fun day!

     
  • At 2:06 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    Aww, that's great Liz! I have friends coming for the first time in January, I am so excited! (JJ, we got them a villa at the VCI, they're going to love it). Glad you got to show them around a bit.

    Oh, the restaurant is Jugo de Limon. What did you guys eat for that price, lol, our bill was about 200 pesos and we ate good!

     
  • At 4:13 PM, December 17, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Well they ordered Margaritas and the entres that we had were like 175 pesos or something like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home