Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Monday, August 06, 2007

I Quit Drinking

My name is Elizabeth. And I'm not an alcoholic. But when I go out to have a good time I tend to drink. And drink. And drink. And as a result, I burned a pot and feel like shit.

Don't ask about the burnt pot. I'm just gonna throw it out I think. Dammit.

What's worse is how I feel and how much I ate and how much I wasted yesterday. I mean sure it's nice to stay in bed all day but not ALL day. So yeah I think I'm going to stick to the simple things like the movies and dinner or bowling or something silly like that. Although...you CAN drink and bowl here too.....

I forgot to mention, I booked my trip to Vancouver in September and I'm so ready to go. I need to get me some family done ice cream. The kind that satisfies. The kind where I can go and scoop it my damn self. I'll take a home-made waffle cone with chocolate, coconut and raspberry ice. I'll also have some pear ice and whatever else is left in the freezer because I'm that desperate for some good ice cream. I mean I can pay $20 for a Haagen Dazs but it doesn't even compare. So instead I go to McDonalds and get McFlurries. In the end there really isn't even any ice cream left because it's covered in M&M's or Chocolate Kisses or Oreo cookies. It's good but it's not the good 'ol family gelato.

So now that I've talked about ice cream. Lets talk about pickles. Because you cannot get normal dill pickles here and it just drives me nuts. I once bought that giant plastic jar of pickles in costco but they were so salty and mushy and weren't dill and they sucked. And then when I thought I found a small jar of normal pickles they turned out sweet and I gave them away. That freakin stupid jar cost me $5. Talk about desperation. So if you want dill pickles get yourself to Soriana because they have them in bulk.

Ok I seriously have to stop writing. Ice cream and pickles? WTF is wrong with me? Y'all (been hanging around too many Texans) going to think I'm pregnant or something. It would be impossible for the record. So shush.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM, August 06, 2007, Blogger JJ said…

    The first step is admitting you have a problem. Good job. You know your ice cream and by God you will get it.

    Wish I could come up and see you in VanCity!

     
  • At 10:52 AM, August 07, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are from Vancouver and you burned pot- I fail to see the problem here...

     
  • At 4:16 PM, August 10, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Ja ja. That cracks me up.

     
  • At 2:00 PM, August 17, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This girl use to live on pickles and the funny thing is she use to drink the juice too!. She's got this vinagar kick. She also loves salt and vinegar chips, she'll lick them first and then eat them. And then she'll complain that her tongue is peeling.....like no fooling I wonder why???? LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home