Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Hurricane Lane

So Hurricane Dean is on his way. I'm pissed. You know we were just getting over Wilma and now all those feelings are all rushing back.

Right now it's too early to tell if we will be spared or not but never-the-less we are getting ready the best way we know how.

Last night we went shopping for food and things like candles, batteries, tarp, flashlights etc. I was made fun of by a couple of people because it's SO FAR AWAY! I say shove it and mind your business and don't come a knockin when you ain't got no food or water.

Anyhoo, here's some sites that you can keep an eye on as this thing progresses:

Wunderground

And of COURSE the National Hurricane Center:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/

If you want my home line to call me while I don't have power and entertain me, let me know.

Otherwise, pray. Pray hard. A little wind, a little rain .... no hay problema. Another Wilma? No thanks.

Oh and to those back home, just stay in touch with me, and don't give me any advice about how I should flee the country or anything like that. I know it's just an excuse to get me to come back and in case you haven't noticed, it hasn't worked so far. I'm stubborn and I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet! Shame on you!

PEACE OUT!

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 10:10 AM, August 18, 2007, Blogger JJ said…

    I will be at my local tiendita today picking up some phone cards so that I can keep you occupied (and maybe feel like I'm there a little). Batten down, sister.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home