Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Stealing Pipes?

The other night when I was leaving the house, one of the water pipes that is out by the sidewalk was spewing water. It was for my apartment building, but I didn't know from which apartment exactly.

I have noticed that lately, this seems to be a regular occurance within my neighbourhood and that as I was walking Diesel on several occassions, I felt lucky that it hadn't happened to me.......

But this time it did. And since I was the first person to spot it, I called the landlord. He said he would come take a look but told me to phone Aguakan to file a report.

I called and filed and when I was done the landlord arrived. He explained to me that if it's on one side of the sidewalk it's the owner's responsibility and if it was on the other, it was the city's responsibility.

I asked him what happened and he said that someone robbed the piping which also has a gage and a tap. He then shook his head and said, "All for the low low price of $20 pesos". I told him that it was a regular occurance along my street so I guess it eventually added up to about $100 pesos for the day?

I left and by the time I came back, Aguakan was already there trying to fix it.

But you know, they didn't just replace it with more pipe and the proper gages. They simply put a hose in to stop the water from flowing all over the street and left. I wonder if they will ever fix it properly?

Anyhow. Just another thing to add to the many extra things in life we go through here.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, April 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gawd danged it all anyway with water probs!! AARRRRGGGh! It's enough to make me pull my hair out! I tell you what, I don't even bother trying to turn on the shower any more I just go fill up my bucket! Cuz guess what the problem is on my side of the sidewalk and no-one on my side wants to fix it!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home