Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Walking Along Puerto Cancun


Last week I decided to take Rivergirl's idea to take Diesel out for a walk along the semi-virgin beaches of Puerto Cancun to check it out.

Really I didn't want to check it out so much as to walk Diesel freely without him peeing on someone's back pack or stopping to take a shit in front of some pretty girl just trying to get a tan.

We entered through the first beach into the hotel zone and walked to the very first house within the zone where Puerto Cancun starts. There was a security guard there and I asked if I could walk my dog and he nodded and I said thank you.

Diesel loves the beach and more than loving the beach he loves to run on the beach. He gets that doggy smile when he's happy and that makes me happy and makes all of the hurtful stupid things in life disappear.


Puerto Cancun is full of a lot of controversy and honestly, it's just downright sad. It was a quiet peaceful place when Diesel and I visited and I know it will not remain that way. Instead buildings will be put up and area will be designated for people who have money to burn and that's pretty much about all.

Despite all of the drama that involves this place, we enjoyed our walk. We came across what I think were vultures or something similar. They were feeding on something and although they are about 4 times the size as Diesel, he managed to chase them off long enough for us to take a look. It appeared to be the remains of a 6 foot barracuda and although it was dead and half eaten, it was somewhat pretty in its own way. When we were done with that we moved on and took a look at the lagoon that flowed into the sea and appreciated the little creatures moving around and about in the slowly setting sun.

It really is a different world out there and the best part is that it is so close by but yet it seems so far away.


If you want to see what it's like, Diesel invites you to join us one day to see what it's like to forget about things like traffic and the fact that I don't think I'll be able to get that specially packaged tuna for a really long time now since Soriana is now out of it....

{Lets play a game. Can you spot Diesel in all the pictures?}

Off topic completely. Do you ever just turn on the t.v. so that there is some background noise? Even though you are showering or are blogging or cleaning? I decided not to today because I liked the sound of the birds and the traffic in the distance. And then my neighbour came home and started playing salsa music. He's now playing one of my favourite songs. I love it when things just work out.

It's been a good day. So suck it up folks because for once, I'm not bitching. Jejeje.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, March 18, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for sharing your happy moment!

     
  • At 11:30 AM, March 20, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy dog! I should take Sam back out there. I've been taking him for runs around the neighborhood but he never gets off the leash and I get so SICK of the maestros and their whistling. No wonder no one goes running here, it's too LOUD!!!

     
  • At 5:33 PM, March 20, 2007, Blogger My Way said…

    Well I don't know about loud. But certainly obnoxious. I can't go out with Diesel once without someone whistling, honking or mamacitaing me. But yes, you should take Sam out there....take him out while you can!

     
  • At 1:08 PM, March 22, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *gasp* I'm having *wheeze* bicthing *pant, pant* withdrawls...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home