Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Day 2 - Part 2 of Latin American Blogger Meet-up

The Continuation Continues:

The truth of the matter is that I have a lot of pictures in this blog and sometimes it's just totally better to shut up for the most part and let the pictures do the talking. I for one find reading somewhat of a chore so if you are like me you will welcome the fact that this next blog is like looking at a picture book with a few words here and there that you are actually going to read and not skim through!

So. To continue the tour....isn't this a beautiful view and shit of "Wayne's Secret Spot"?



Next up was the Turtle Farm and let me tell you. The cool thing about Turtle Farm's is that they don't just grow turtles. There are all sorts of creatures wandering about.

Take for example, this cat that is eating a protein diet of FISH. That must be the reason it looks so healthy and pretty and like it might just bite my hand off if I get too close:



Also at the turtle farm are starfish and fish. Since you have seen a pic of the fish already (as seen above, although slightly chewed up), here is a pic of the starfish:




Bloggers going turtle for turtles:



I love these types of docks. They remind me of those commercials that I use to watch on t.v. and go ohhhhhhhh man if only I could live THERE:




Also at the turtle farm are seagulls:



And my favorite at the turtle farm, are bloggers Heather & Lisa. Notice how that person sitting on the doc is all trying to "pretend" she's a blogger. If only she was as cool as we are....:



Turtle Turtle Turtle!:



For Wayne with Love:



For Lisa...because sometimes you should be in the pictures you are taking:



This pic makes me wonder if what I'm seeing is really real. It is, I was there:


What is with the crooked shots!???:


I can only imagine how many other people have taken this exact same shot, all whilst thinking....man I'm good. I should be a photographer and shit:


Must.....get....the perfect....shot:



Iguana go out with you:


Them Iguana's are them there popular in these necks of the woods. EVERYONE wants to take a picture of ems:




I'm not SHY. I just pretend to be on t.v. (or blogs or cameras):




Will you marry me...here?:




Make a wish.....(if you want to marry me ^ there):



Traveling north back into town, we came across this grass roof house. I've heard that these types of roofs are not only eco-friendly but also very good for keeping your home either cool, or heated. I wonder if you can grow tomatoes up there?:




This is the famous Shell House that must be one of the most photographed sites on the island (after the ever famous Wayne and the Iguanas of course):




This next house intrigued me. It reminded me of those mushrooms back home that are round like the house. If you get them when they are dry, and stomp on em, they will blow up into a cloud of gray powder. It's pretty cool (if you're 8 years old but I still find it fascinating). Don't ask me why I did this or why a round mushroom house would remind me of this. But it did. Joyce understands. She has to. She's nuts too:


And of course the K-Mart Blue Light Special:


I'd like to know where the K-Mart is and more importantly, I want to know if I'll run into Rain Man there buying underwear.

Store front. Man I sure hope they sell beer. And nothing else:


I thought this outfit would look most pretty on Mimi:



And that my friends was the end of our fabulous golf cart tour. What fun it was! Next up was some needed SEAFOOD. Because you know, if I see food.....I eat it!


Chicago Tom and his lovely wife and world famous blogger Theresa and her electrically handy hubby joined us all for a wonderful lunch and discussion about our blogs.

Heather decided to give us homework (DUE TOMORROW shit shit shit!) so here she is preparing. She even made me work a little and tear up pieces of paper:


Also in attendance was Pelicano the Pelican (I am so creative!):


Everyone had a fabulous time and just needed to get some drink and food in em after being out in the hot sun all day. Here we are waiting:


God I love ceviche! (Beer not mine btw, I stole it to make the picture look "fancy"):


After lunch I was super desesperada to just dunk myself in the ocean. I was super hot and started to get really crabby. So Heather, Lisa, Kelly and myself headed to the beach for about an hour to cool off and have a beverage before Lisa & I headed back to Cancun.

Again, thanks Wayne for organizing things. I know you were pulling your hair out at certain points and getting annoyed with people like me and Lisa. But you know, that is what we are here for. We aim to piss off....and sometimes we achieve. JUST KIDDING. It was fab to finally meet you and I love your sense of humor.

And everyone else and I do mean EVERYONE including all the LURKERS out there, how awesome to meet you all. It's odd because, it was so easy to get along and I felt like I knew so many of you. To the readers, thanks for following along....continue to read everyone else's blogs because sadly the tour ended here for me.

Virtual hugs all around!

7 Comments:

  • At 10:05 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    Yes I do get it but it's not because I am nuts; on the contrary, I am quite sane.

    You, on the other hand, tell a great story. I love all the different perspectives of the bloggers blogging this week.

    Siiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhhh

     
  • At 11:45 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger Mimi said…

    Seriously? WOW! ........ um ............. Seriously???

    >> Damn IT cat give me back my tongue

     
  • At 10:09 AM, April 25, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I remember those mushrooms that you stomp on and make poof out in a big puff of shroomy smoke. Oh man, I miss being a kid.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, April 25, 2008, Blogger Theresa in Mèrida said…

    I have heard of those mushrooms (puffballs?) but never got to stomp on them. I would still stomp on them. I can't wait until all my hair goes gray and I can pretend that I am having my second childhood.
    Great photos, I liked the carving/profile one a lot.
    regards,
    Theresa

     
  • At 1:57 PM, April 25, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Yes Mimi, ....seriously.

    NOT.

    I don't think anyone should be wearing that but I'm such a sarcastic bitch and wanted to yank yer chain. It worked did it not? lol. However, if you look around, I'm sure you'll see even worse outfits on people who simply don't fit into them.

    Seems as though the mushrooms are super popular! Cool. We should have a mushroom stomping fest and have some REAL fun!

     
  • At 4:06 PM, April 25, 2008, Blogger Islagringo said…

    About those pics:
    9. ahhh, I loves you too!
    12. the picture is not crooked, the photographer is creative
    14. great pic of Heather
    20. the first two times they put the sod up there, it rained and slid right off!
    22. yup, puffballs. You can pick them and pop them on somebody's head too!

    Great post. Sad you missed the rest.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, April 27, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your pictures are fantastic!

    janie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home