Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Day 2 - Part 1 of Latin American Blogger Meet-up

Saturday morning I met Lisa Love at the ferry dock and we headed on over to Isla. I don't quite get the live entertainment on the ferry....especially outside as it's a bit of a distraction from the beautiful blue sea:

But whateva!

We didn't exactly know where the golf cart place was but knew it was on Hidalgo and figured we would just look for the group of people with cameras, chatting away, waiting for our late selves to arrive.

This is not what we found!

No one was really to be seen. I did spot Theresa and her hubby walking away from what appeared to be the Golf Cart place and then I saw Heather walking towards us all sorts of pissed off. She was grumbling about how she had to go back to her room to wash the dog piss off her foot. LOL.

I couldn't help but laugh and as I type this I am still laughing. It's not funny because Diesel dog has peed on Lisa Love too and on some poor girls arm on the beach. Plus I'm certain I've been peed on or have had dogs attempt to pee on me. But I think the pup was trying to tell Heather something. Something like, "Huminah Huminah baby...you're mine now. Allz minez! I marked mai teritoriez nowz!".

Anyhoo. We were kinda mulling around for a bit because some people were hung over and others were just late. You know how it is. Mañana! Mañana! We were even waiting for the Golf cart dude who took off on his scooter and left us all hanging. Wayne loved that. Check him all "waiting" in the cool creative mirror shot that I took:


Apparently every other blogger took the same fricken cool creative mirror shot that I did but hey, at least we think alike right?

Here comes Heather....pee free down the street.


We are still waiting......and Lisa gabs to Heather. I'm sure it was a bar story but don't quote me on than. *Wink*


Finally my gal Miss Cancun Canuck Kelly arrived and since we are both Canucks at heart, I figured I'd sit with her. Yeah CANADIANS UNITE!:


As we were waiting for things to get rolling (literally) I noticed that our little blogger group had a nice collection of tats.

Here is Heather's now pee free awesome tat which was done in Playa del Carmen:


And of course Miss Cancun Canuck's tat to commemorate her move to Cancun:


The guys shall love this next pic (yeah cleavage!). The rose was done when Lisa was 18 and the cool part is that the fairy was done in some guys back yard in Costa Rica. Lisa = Hard Core Yo!:


Unfortunately I don't know the specifics of Taco Girl's tat but I will say that it's pretty freakin cool and an awesome addition to the Blogger Tattoo Girls:


Flat Stanley even arrived before some of the rest of the gang. Kelly thinks he's hot and decided to make out with him a bit to pass the time:


Finally everyone trickles on in (Mimi got a special ride on Wayne's scooter.....gee wonder why.....something about falling into a hole the night before...but that's just a rumor..) and we pay for the carts and hand off ID's.

In the front of this cart are the backs to Michelle and her hubster (cuz why do we have to take pics of the fronts always?) and Taco Boy who is obviously prepared for my pic and Taco Girl who isn't prepared (she rubs the lotion on its skin) but pulls it off pretty well:


And the Bloggers are OFF:


You'd think we could be all normal about it and just drive, but no. Camp songs we did sing and making fun of Heather's crappy driving. Ok ok. She wasn't driving crappy. But she was scared so we made fun of that part of it.

I took a bunch of pictures of the buildings we passed and the scenery but I don't want to bore you. Plus Blogger makes it difficult to post multiple photos. So here's a shot of the $2.5 mil house for sale. If we each pitch in a few buckeroonies we can all "share". We need to fix it up a little tho:


Break time. It is tiring riding around all day in a Golf cart next to the blue ocean in the blistering sun:

When it was time to go to the next point of interest, we almost got left behind. For about 3 minutes we watched as Heather kept stomping on the the break peddle freaking out that it wouldn't release and how Lisa was trying to push it down with her hand all sorts of confused and stressed! I kept saying "push it harder" (cuz you know, I'm a pervert that way) and just sort of tried to let the smart chicks in the front handle most of it. Then the little angel in the back speaks up. Cancun Canuck says in the calmest of calm voices, "Just press on the gas pedal to release the break". So this is what Heather does and of course the cart jolts to a start at which point I give Miss Canuck a tongue lashing about how evil she was to watch us stress out for several minutes before pointing out the "correct way" to do things. Me thinks that Canuck did this on purpose!

Next up we headed to Wayne's secret spot that he doesn't want anyone to know about it. But that went out the window when he took us there! I am sooooo gonna have a rave there this weekend! Woooo hooooooo! This is where I took the Bloggers group pic that I posted previously so I'm not going to post it again (I told you I gots some issues with loading the pics!).

I do want to say though that Heather can be pretty durned sexy and mermaid-like:


TO BE CONTINUED!

9 Comments:

  • At 7:28 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger CancunCanuck said…

    You cwack me up. Love the tattooed bloggers, that shot of Miss Lisa is hotz! When are you going to get something like this... http://www.meetgypsy.com/Gypsy_tattoo_2.jpg

    And really, I had totally zoned out while Heather was trying to get us moving, I came to just in time to give the directions, lol! It was all beautiful and shit and I just couldn't concentrate.

     
  • At 8:01 PM, April 23, 2008, Blogger JJ said…

    I am quite jealous. I'm over here watching the sideways rain and thinking, Sure they had fun, but imagine how much MORE fun it would have been if I were there!

    Yep.

    Your pictures are way cool and you guys look like you're having so much fun.

    So so jealous...

     
  • At 11:10 PM, April 23, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait a minute?!? Is that Heather's famous tattoo? If you haven't read it- there's a great post on her blog about some asshole and his comment about her tattoo. It's written in true Heather style... gotta love her blog!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow- my tat looks so much worse when I see it disembodied! I really gotta get a cover up done on that bad boy and not in some guys back yard!! Thanks for making my boo boo look all nice n voluptuous n smokey- that's kinda hot- Now I gots to get me a hotter tat!

     
  • At 10:33 AM, April 24, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    Kelly: I might just have to get myself a Diesel tattoo (um not). lol. But it is cute!

    JJ: I know it would have been WAY more fun with you. Don't you think I know how much FUN you are? Like fun like an iguana fun?

    Mexpat: Yes that is the tat and I am familiar with that post. We discussed the loser who dogged it. lol.

    Lisa: I told you the pic looked all cool and dirty with your cig and cleavage!

     
  • At 10:39 AM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now I know that Heather in Paradise rocks, and I know that I would have loved to hang with her had I met her while I was living down there.

    But I'm getting really freaked out by these pictures!!!!! At first I thought that she had an uncanny resemblance to one of my oldest friends. But just one picture, right? EVERY SINGLE picture, even the poses she does, remind me of my friend! Spooky!

    Lisa: I agree with Liz...the pic does look awesome with the ciggy and the booby.

     
  • At 10:42 AM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    By the way, I think that Wayne is quite the looker!

     
  • At 4:14 PM, April 24, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, in the last "sexy" picture, it looks like there is some weird white ring around my mouth. WTF is up with that? Was I frothing again?

    Toooo funny...I miss you guys already. This sucks, move to Playa!

     
  • At 4:47 PM, April 24, 2008, Blogger My Way said…

    No, you were drinking Milk before....at least I hope! lol

    Miss you too....and your beautiful self and shit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home