Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Monday, January 15, 2007

He still has BALLS!

Well the dog still has his undropped ball. The vet said the clinic lost power and asked if I wanted to try for Saturday or just do it this week and I opted for trying it this week.

Kind of stressful and all that but at least he is ok.

I went to playa all by myself yesterday and read a half a book which is like record time for me since I don't generally like to read. I'd rather do other things. Anyhow, it was nice except for the fact that I parked in the wrong place (I do it all the time in cancun and it's fine) and got a ticket. I was about to laugh at the ticket when I realized they took my plate. I didn't care so much since I figured that Transito was right in downtown playa but it turns out it's not. And the ticket does not have an address or a telephone number that will tell you where to go. OH NO. You have to guess where they took your damn plate.

So after getting the shittiest directions ever from a cop, I went to the Extra store and got great directions from an every day citizen and went and paid $191 pesos and got my plate back.

I think that if you are going to enforce the law, don't you think you should be a little more consistent?

Anyways I'm a dumbass cuz there were parking spots ahead of me that were completely legal but I just figured I could park there without problems. Whatever. Now I know. And more importantly I did it without crying and freaking out about it.

I think it was easier for me to get my plate back than to get those bags of licorice....must think of master plan.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 PM, January 19, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fer REALS!
    Why in the world do the block off half of the places to park in Playa on Sundays (cuz it's sooo not busy in Playa on Sunday)- oh yeah so they can run around and play "plate steal-y" (F^@%&#*$!)

    I love how your not really supposed to park in front of the yellow curb but the paint job always leaves ya guessing what color the curb is 'supposed' to be or 'was'. Like can I park here or was the original intention of this part of the street to be parking-free?!

    Then the whole if you can figure out where to pay within 5 days you get a 50% discount- what the hell is that?! Blue light special on multas? Lo que pasa es que...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home