Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

The Haps

I'm sorry I've been delayed in giving you an update with regard to the ball saga.

Ladies and gentlemen....

Diesel officially only has one ball now. All you men out there should thank me for that. Having moved here I've seen way more balls in my life than I ever have back home (stop yer laughing I'm not talking about human balls....I'm talking about animal balls....altho some of the balls I have seen could be classified as animal balls). Anyways, back home everyone just fixes their pets without a thought about it. Here, people either don't think about getting animals fixed or think a lot about it and whether they should do it. Usually if they have a female that's had like 3 litters they finally decide to get the poor girl fixed. If it's a male, they do not want to deprive the dog of his manhood and anyways, male dogs can't get pregnant so who cares right? There is that whole, "who gives a shit" attitude that comes into play, but like I said, they either think about it a lot or don't think about it at all. Back home, there is no question, you just get your pet fixed and thats that!

Whew. That was a long thought all run into one.

So yeah, Diesel is doing very well. He was a little wobbly when I picked him up after his surgery and had a bit of a paralyzed pee body thing go on when he tried to pee but he's all good now. Stitches come out friday and I must say they did the stitches WAY better than how they stitched up my knee when I had my ACL reconstructed.

First of all, they didn't line up my skin properly. It was all bumpy and frankenstein looking. Secondly, they used that disolving stitch thread and I actually had holes in my skin that did not absorbe the stitch properly. So it was like a hole, with a fishing line coming out of it. It was scary and nasty all at once really. Third, I could pull on one of the stitches and it would tug on the skin underneath in another location. I shouldn't be able to do that. I mean cut that damn thing off properly.

So next time I have surgery, I'm getting the vet to stitch me up, cuz now I have those ugly keloid scars.

I take it back. I have the prettiest keloid scars in the universe. I made the mistake of looking up "keloid scar" in google's images and MAN OH MAN. I LOVE MY SCARS.

So yeah, Diesel is good. This is him a coupld of days after the surgery taking advantage of his flexibility and the sun.

The picture was taken with my cell phone camera and boy am I glad I invested in it. Sure comes in handy!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:44 PM, January 25, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sun yer buns, Desil! Err, umm, I mean ball.
    Heck ya the camera phone is a good thing to have, how else would we have known Liz Navidad!?

     
  • At 7:29 PM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such a cute little dog!

    I'm glad he's recovered from his ordeal.

    janie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home