Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Take My Name In Vain

So I was having "coffee" ( I had a cappuccino without the coffee...just hot milk, cinnamon and sweetner) with a friend.

He's a born again Christian. But he's a cool one. Because he doesn't make reference to God or Jesus all the time. Nor does he say things like, "When I was lost, but now I'm found". So anyways. We went to talk basically because I needed to.

I said to him "Jesus Christ!" con fuerza at that and then I covered my mouth, looked at him with wide eyes and said, I'm sorry.

He said it's ok really, don't worry about it. And I said yeah but I should know better you know, because I was raised a Roman Catholic and all.

In desperation to cover my ass because I had obviously sinned right there in front of him and out loud too, I said, Jesus is pretty lucky. I would be so freakin flattered if people yelled out my name whenever they were pissed off.

And I said my first and last name out loud in a pissed off way and slammed my fist on the table.

He laughed.

I said, you see how smart I am? That I can take an obvious sin and turn it not only into something thats rational and realistic and believable, but something that's funny too?

(Now if that's not dodging the real issues, I don't know what is.)

2 Comments:

  • At 12:35 PM, November 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Quick look busy jesus is comming!

    Here in Mexico if we just say, "Jesus" and bang our fist we really are taking in vain the name of some guy. LOL

    I like to take in vain the names of many aquaintances at the same time- "Jesus y Maria". I think they like it; they always smile at me...

     
  • At 3:34 PM, November 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *Banging fist on table* "Dolores Ford"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home