Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Mexican Hot Dog



There's something I've grown to enjoy and that comes in handy when I'm lazy or need something quick. I call it it the Mexican Hot Dog.

Though there are many adaptations to the main ingredients, I usually use whole wheat tortillas and turkey hot dogs (San Rafael).

You can simply warm it up in the microwave for 30-35 seconds and voila! Mexican Hot Dog ready!

I have learned to try many different variations of the Mexican Hot Dog so that I don't get bored with it.

I usually add the following to the main ingredients:

  • Homous
  • Lentils
  • Beans
  • Eggs
  • Mustard & Ketchup
  • Relish & Ketchup
  • Cheese
  • Sliced Tomatoes
  • Green Salsa

It's a little healthier than say your average hot dog on a white bun and well....I've grown to love it. You might want to try adding other ingredients. I'm sure avacado would work and I've even tried putting on artichoke pesto.

Because you see, just because it's a hot dog, doesn't mean you can't make it "gourmet".

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home