Mexico "Way"

My stupid blurbs about anything and everything.....in addition to the ups and downs of living in Cancun, Mexico.

Monday, October 30, 2006

Halloween - I'm never going to grow up

Saturday night was a Halloween party night. I wasn't really going to dress up as anything and certainly didn't want to buy anything. But then I realized that I love Halloween and that I should probably do a little something.

So I went into my closet and got my wraps out and my stinky boxing gloves and sportied myself up. It was nothing special really, but at least it was something. Even my buddy Gerry got into the spirit and made it look like he was running a marathon and had his number pinned to his shirt. We are geeks....in case you haven't noticed!

So I went to the party and Mr. Gerry introduced me to his friends. He led me into the kitchen to fix me up a beverage (alcoholic of course) and proceeded to hand me a plate of coconut shrimp and meat on skewers. He said he saved it special for me,..... so I did feel special.

There were quite a few people there and quite a few kids and most people had costumes of some sort or another. It really did have a Halloween feel to it. I thought I'd take advantage of the night and get my picture with Frankenstein the Piñata and my friend Benjamin the Bunny. So that is what I did.

Frankenstein the Piñata and moi:

Benjamin the Bunny and me snuggly wuggly with him:

When it was time for the kids to whack the Frankenstein, we all watched patiently. I was amazed at how controlled the kids seemed. But then they didn't put a blind fold on them and I'm pleased to say that no kids, crotches, heads or bunnies were harmed in the process.

I am not pleased to say that I gave one of my gloves to Gerry so he and I could beat the kids up to get more candy when it did break open. I was kind of half joking but Gerry apparently took this very seriously. When the candy went flying, he went running, and he was calling me to get in there. So as adult-and-grown-up-like as I am, I was like OK!!!! and before you know it I was on the ground with the rest of them grabbing as much candy as I could!

If that wasn't bad enough, Gerry and I weren't feeling childish enough, so we decided to roast the mini marshmallows we got on the BBQ and since that was too slow a process, we decided that torching them with a lighter and blowing the flame out was the best way to go about it. We also did a few trades (I'll trade you this gross chili candy for your Bubu Lubu) and we were not very eager to share our candy with the lame adults who didn't want to embarrass themselves by acting like children and scrounging for candy, but that wanted the candy never-the-less.

We continued to shoot the shit between the marshmallow roasting and the carne on the BBQ. We tasted some kick-ass mexican spaghetti too (salsa verde with corn & queso, spaghetti the opposite of al dente). It had really been a while since I've been able to really let loose and shoot the shit with people I don't know and use my wit and charm (Sorry Gerry...your friends like me better than they like you nanananana) and I really enjoyed myself.

After several drinks, and lots of candy and other great snacks, I decided that I should head to the other party at My Place so that is what I did. But before that, I made sure I stole one of the party bags that they were saving for the "kids". Gerry even got the balls to steal a bag himself. I've realized we are sort of bad that way. Egging the other one on to act more stupid than the other. I said my goodbyes, thanked everyone for their hospitality and hoped that Gerry's friends didn't think I was some stupid wackadoo flying off into the night.

I grabbed a cab to the Hotel Zone and against my better judgement I didn't take two bathroom breaks like I should have. Only one. And when we got to Pok Ta Pok I was really having to go to the bathroom really bad. The cab driver asked me if I was in a hurry and I said yes I have to pee. So off he went through the red light (two actually) and I was there in a flash. I threw my fanny pack at the dudes at the table in the front and said keep this I'm going pee, brb! I came down, paid the donation fee, sat myself at the bar and proceeded to fill my bladder up more.

I probably would have stayed longer but the place was closing and I was given another party gift bag (you have no idea how happy that made me) so I hitched a ride with that Kim chick and we bullshitted the whole way home. It was lots of fun. I was a bullshit queen that night I tell you. A bullshit kickboxer who really wasn't in any costume at all. I tell you that guy from the week before should have said what he said this week, then it wouldn't have hurt so much when I hit him....cuz you know....they are 16 ounce gloves and are well padded.

Well folks I'm outta here for now. But I leave you with another photo. One in which you must never tell Diesel you saw! I have shamed him but I seriously pissed my pants all day long looking at that pic. It's just PRICELESS:


Later and Happy Halloween. Do not let this moment pass another second before you act like a child again. Life is too short! (Or too long depending on how bad a day your having)

2 Comments:

  • At 9:41 PM, October 30, 2006, Blogger JJ said…

    I am so bummed that I am so BURIED AT WORK to have chatted with you about the festivities. I am glad you had a great time and Gerry sounds like a fun guy that you should be doing more silly stuff with. Now my one question: how in the hell did you hold your bevvie with those gloves on??

     
  • At 10:20 AM, October 31, 2006, Blogger My Way said…

    I had wraps underneath my gloves so I was techinically still in costume with my gloves off. I am annoyed your burried too because it was fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home